Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Girls

All I have to do is think about Kinley and Avery and I start to smile. They both bring so much laughter into our household. Avery is so pleased that she is able to get up to the same level as her sister. Whether it is seeing what Kinley is doing on the couch, touching the stereo, yelling at the TV, playing with the blinds, or pulling all of the stuff out of the TOP drawer she is very happy to be able to stand up. Even though she is not vocal you can see the look in her eye when she is so excited she clenches her hands and shakes.


The other thing that always puts a smile on my face is when Avery crawls, she bobs her head from side to side with the motion of her front arms crawling.Kinley makes me laugh when she uses her BIG words. I don't know where she picks up some of the vocabulary but she uses really long words. She has always appeared older than her age. At my grandparents anniversary the other day a distant cousing was sitting at the table with Kinley and asked "So, how old are you anyway?" Kinley told him she was four and the little boy was shocked. He said "Oh, I thought you were older, I am eight." It was kind of funny.

But I also crack up at Kinley's dancing. She is always singing and dancing around the house, especially when the therapists are here to work with Avery. But she makes up these dances and unfortunately she did not get dancing genes from either Jimmy nor I. So she has no rhythym and she is really uncoordinated. She usually ends up falling or tripping over herself. I have a hard time not laughing at her.

Nevertheless, I thank God for both of my girls every single day and look forward to every moment that I get to share with them.

No comments: