Sunday, September 28, 2008

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Have I mentioned yet that Avery gets into EVERYTHING! Have I also mentioned that I have a feeling that it is just going to get worse as she gets older and more mobile. Thankfully she has not figured out how to open cupboards yet, but she LOVES to open all of the drawers and take everything out. I know I mentioned that she cannot stand to have items in a box or basket without ripping them out. But apparently she feels this way about everything. Even her fridge magnet farm, you might be able to see in the second picture, she cannot stand to have the animals in the barn. She simply is destructive.


Besides the red rugs the other red items in the picture are the placemats. She just found out that if she pulls herself up to the kitchen chairs, she can pull of the placemats too!
The other new EXTRACURRICULAR activity of Avery's is biting and chewing on everything, even people. The hearing specialist claims that this is not uncommon with children with hearing problems. They are overcompensating with one sensory device because they are lacking in another. Anyway, I have had to remove the bumper pad from her crib, so I also took of the cute quilt and ruffle. But I have had to resort to my homemade teething guard on the crib rail. She has been discovered on numerous occasions to be eating the rail and has begun to chip paint. I enter the room to a gnawing sound and find paint chips all across her face. Anyway, who needs a cute crib?

No comments: