I don't think all of you reading this understand the fact that NOTHING is typical or average when it comes to Avery. She is not an average child and does EVERYTHING her way. I am not simply saying this but trying to make a point. When Avery was an infant she didn't eat normally (she never breast fed, had to have a special soy formula with a special nipple), she didn't digest food normally (she had to have things added to her bottle for constipation and acid reflux and she still lived her entire first year with a bib around her neck because of the constant reflux), she didn't sleep normally (she had to sleep with her head elevated and she still doesn't sleep all night), and she has never met one physical milestone in the average time frame (we are talking about a child who didn't sit alone until about 10 months, didn't walk until 22 months). So why would anyone expect her to be potty trained at three-years old???
Yes, I am ranting. My child has the cognitive ability of a child reaching age two and no she is not potty trained. She goes on the potty when she wants to and as you can see from the photo below if something is not as she envisioned it, not only will she not go potty, but she won't be comforted, won't get back in the tub, or get dressed for the next twenty minutes. Instead you get a naked screaming toddler running around the house hysterically hitting walls, doors, people etc. until she either forgets why she was upset or gets over it.
By the way I still don't know what set her off in the first place, when you child can't communicate with you, you make a lot of mistakes. Obviously, I tried putting her on the potty all wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment