Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer Coming to an End

I thought I would take a minute to update everyone on the last couple of weeks of summer. Jimmy spent a week in Kansas and then returned home for a week. He will be returning for another two-week stint in Kansas on Monday.

I have been preparing the girls for my returning to work. Kinley came with me to set up my room. I have also spent a few more days at the school preparing to train the district's new art teacher at their orientation as well as training my fellow colleagues at Fort Herriman. I will officially be back to work on Friday, but will be working Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We get students on the 26th.

Kinley is SO excited to start Kindergarten. She has Mrs. Ure for morning kindergarten. We know of a few other little girls in her same class and she will be riding the bus with another little girl from daycare. Both girls are going to a new daycare. Lacy Hardman is a friend and is watching a small handful of kids. She will be able to give Avery special attention and there will be two other two-year olds for her to learn from.

Avery is progressing. It is awesome to see her to try and communicate. She practices the signs, makes up randome "signs", and babbles like crazy. She is still pretty unstable in walking but is constantly on the go. Her left side is stronger/more balanced than her right. But she is improving. I have included a clip of her new dance moves, she doesn't always sit to dance anymore.

1 comment:

Sargent Family said...

Love the dancing. Alyssa was watching with me and let me know that is her favorite song.

Good luck with the new school year!