Saturday, March 14, 2009

Frustrated

I am not quite sure who is frustrated more me or Avery. It was the end of January when I posted about Avery taking her first steps. She will only take one or two steps if she knows that it is safe for someone to catch her on the other end. She refuses to have anyone stand behind and walk her and her behavior is becoming more and more difficult. She is frustrated when she is not able to get what she wants (and she cannot tell us what she wants). She is constantly throwing herself to the ground and slamming her head on the floor or the furniture.

BreeAnn (the Physical Therapist) had the opportunity to witness some of this behavior today and I was quite embarrassed.

We both thought it was important to get her up on her feet as much as possible, but to give her the independence that she wants. So BreeAnn is going to try and bring a walker with her to the next session.

1 comment:

Sargent Family said...

If you ever need a break give me a call, we'll keep her for a while.