
I spent the last five days in Orlando for the National Model Schools Conference. We flew in Saturday afternoon and went to Downtown Disney for some shopping and dinner. We stayed at the Dolphin Resort.
Sunday we went to Epcot. It rained every afternoon each day a little bit more than the day before. Most days we didn't care if we got wet because it helped to cool us off. While we were at Epcot we got stuck on a ride because they had to stop it for bad weather. In the picture you can see Mike, Rodney, and Jay with their safety glasses on while we were waiting to see Honey I Shrunk the audience. The lines were pretty long, we waited for about an hour and a half for every ride.We dined at the German restaurant Sunday evening, I got to experience some of my German heritage. We then had to race back to the resort to see the Keynote.
Monday we spent the day in sessions and spent the late afternoon-evening at the parks. We went to the Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, and Magic Kingdom. We arrived at Magic Kingdom at 10 when they were getting ready for fireworks and the parade, so the lines were very short. We were able to get on six or seven rides in the two hours.
Monday we spent the day in sessions and spent the late afternoon-evening at the parks. We went to the Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, and Magic Kingdom. We arrived at Magic Kingdom at 10 when they were getting ready for fireworks and the parade, so the lines were very short. We were able to get on six or seven rides in the two hours.

Tuesday after the sessions Kenna and I rode up to Daytona Beach. We went to see the Ponce Inlet lighthouse, we went to dinner, and walked along the beach.
Wednesday we went to morning sessions and then flew home. It was a great conference and a fun vacation. Now I need a couple of days to recover and stretch out my sore muscles. (I think we walked, jogged, sprinted at least 10 miles).

No comments:
Post a Comment