After about an hour and a half I started listening for Avery, she usually sleeps about two hours. Her bedroom door is about thirty feet to the right and the monitor is about twenty feet to the left. I swear she did not make a noise. Finally I heard her and went to get her up. I opened the door and said out loud, "that's disgusting!" The first thing I noticed was the once white crib was now brown, the second thing I noticed was the stench. The next thing I do, turn around and go get the camera.
I was mainly planning on showing Jimmy how bad it was, I also had a thought about Jon and Kate, how Kate took pictures of the kids first poop in the toilet.
Anyway, after the evidence was photographed I had to place a wet wipe over my nose so I could manage to start the cleanup. The diaper was on the floor outside of the crib along with about ten "surprises." Then I had to Clorox the railing on the crib in order to get to the baby. Once I cleaned her hands and arms well enough to pick her up, I carried her at arms length to the tub.
She enjoyed a good morning soak while I bleached the majority of her room, stripping the sheets for the second time in two days.
After her "soak" she was dressed in clean clothes, cute hair, and an innocent smile (I had to take a picture to prove as well) I was now ready to start lunch. Soon I turn around and Avery is laying across the table trying to bite the candle center piece. Off the table I scoop her, just to have her return five seconds later. We continue this cycle with her consequence getting more severe every time.
Lunch goes well, the usual scrubbing the entire kitchen when she is done eating. Soon we are playing in the family room when she leaves me to once again investigate the kitchen. I hear a drawer open, jump up to see what she is into and have to dodge a two-year old sporting a large knife. The knives are now moved out of reach.
Just when I think all is under control, I watch as she opens her first door at my parents' house. Here we go with a whole other list of dangers and stories a waiting.
1 comment:
Aw man. I hated that stage. I can't count the number of times I have had to clean poop of their cribs, walls, floors, etc. Katya is still in the habit of reaching down the back of her diaper and artistically painting everywhere if I don't change her right when she poops. I've figured out that skirts and shorts are too easy of an access for poop seeking fingers at naptime so I have certain pairs of pants that the girls can't take off that prevents messes. It's so hard for them to learn what that can't do and it seems like it takes awhile to teach them. I hope that messes and new found tricks decrease and not get worse. Either way, I hope you are blessed with the patience to deal with them.
Post a Comment