Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Here We Go Again

So just when I feel somewhat in control of Avery's health needs I visit with the doctor again. I took the day off today so that I could take Kinley for her Kindergarten physical and shots. The Dr. also told Jimmy when he took Avery in for her 18 month appointment to bring Avery back today with Kinley. I wasn't really sure why she wanted to see Avery, I knew she was concerned because Avery's spleen was enlarged last time.

So Kinley is healthy, handled her shots relatively well, and may have a sight issue. Her eyes do not focus the same, so off we are to see the optometrist. Oh and since I am going anyway the Dr. says Avery should have a follow up, since her eyes were screwy last year.

While we are on the subject of Avery, her spleen felt fine. (It may have been from the Fifth's). But the real reason why Avery was there was to check her head size. Last time she was there apparently her head size was smaller than her growth curve and this was one of the items we were watching carefully because of the fluid around her ventricles. So lets add another MRI to our list of appointments for this summer.

Oh, we are not done yet. After a review of all of Avery's therapists, specialists, goals, and accomplishments. It is time we start looking for a cause of all of her "issues." So off we head to geneticist for a genetic consultation.

I didn't think my summer could get any crazier than the last one, but it looks like it will be at least one doctor or therapy apppointment every week for us. As long as one day my child can tell me "I love you" whether in words or signs I will do everything in my power to get her the help she needs.

Since I started this blog about Kinley I will finish it about her as well. After her shots we raced down the mountain to get her birthday pictures taken, raced back up the hill for her dance pictures and dress rehearsal. Now we are three cranky, exhausted girls looking forward to making birthday treats for preschool tomorrow, dance recital tomorrow, and our comfy beds tonight.

4 comments:

Josh and Melinda Adams Family said...

Steph, "I love you". You can tell Avery loves you by the way she looks at you. I hope and pray that she will be able to tell you this in another way someday, too. Hang it there...

Jeff said...

I'm praying for you! We missed you at school yesterday. Kinley and Avery are blessed to have such a loving mom and dad. (Psalm 121:1-2)

Leslie said...

Good heavens! Hang in there! Hopefully they'll figure things out soon! Can life get any more complicated? lets hope not! You're a trooper though, you can make it through anything!

The Crystal's said...

Steph, You are such an amazing woman. Stay strong and she will one day say I Love You.