The physical therapist came last night and said that Avery was doing very well. She sat up unattended for a full minute. We are now going to work with her falling gently and to start crawling.
Jimmy took Avery to the ENT today. They tried the booth test again and got similar results to the ABR. He gave us a prescription for hearing aids and scheduled an appointment for an MRI at Primary's. They will get a better look at her inner ear, etc.
So every thing is advancing rapidly. Emotions are beginning to come to the surface as we realize she isn't smiling and babbling like she used to. Personally, I love the sound of her voice and don't want her to stop using it.
3 comments:
Hey Steph, this is Jackie your cousin. I have a blog too,yeah. Well it sounds like things are very busy around your home. Its a good thing you are strong because that is probably what Avery and your family need. I know that I am kind of far away but if you need anything just let me know.
Steph,
Hang in there. I know you are a strong women, it is in our blood! Just wanted to let you know...that we are praying for the best for your little Avery and for the strength of the rest of the family. If you ever need anything, I am here.
Love,
Mindy
Steph,
I know how scary it is to not know exactly what is going on with your child! My best advice is to pray!! If you ever need to talk, cry or vent (or all at the same time) please call . We will keep you and your family in our prayers
Love
Kerry
Post a Comment