Friday, October 5, 2012

Saying Goodbye

My father passed away on August 23rd and 8:42 am. My mother, my brother and I were with him as he took his final breaths. I firmly believed he waited for me to be there. Mom and Craig felt that the time was near and called me at work to hurry home. I was there about an hour before he passed. He was fortunate not to suffer for a long time. Doctors found a tumor in his esophagus on the 31st of May and it was diagnosed as cancer on June 6th. He went most of the summer without feeling pain. The last few weeks were difficult for him, he was in pain and becoming more and more ill everyday. I am thankful that I have so many wonderful memories of him and am thankful that I will be with him again. We were able to say goodbye to him in Firefighter Fashion.

No comments: