Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell 2011

Since I didn't include a Christmas letter with this year's card, I thought I would summarize the year on the blog.

Kinley turned seven this year and continues to mature beyond her years. Her world revolves around her friends and dance. She does very well in school but thinks the entire purpose for going to school is to socialize. Her reading has improved leaps and bounds this year and she has started taking piano lessons. All she wanted for Christmas was her two front teeth, she received one of them. This upcoming year Kinley looks forward to the new endeavor of dance competitions.

Avery turned four this summer. Her year was marked by numerous ups and downs. Her only major medical expense was dental surgery, this upcoming year will either be a cochlear implant and a new hearing aid or two new hearing aids. She loves school and her language continues to improve every day.

Jimmy spends many busy days working with his dad and brother, welding or farming. Our little cattle herd grows by a few cows every year, keeping us even more busy and adding to Jimmy's future retirement. For the year 2012, Jimmy is looking forward to his own dental surgery, replacing a faulty bridge installed by the air force.

I have enjoyed a lot of extra time on my hands. I virtually have no extra responsibilities at work this year, no extra-curricular activities, no committees, etc. I now am able to run my children from activity to activity and appointment to appointment. I earned my CTE endorsement for digital photography last month and am hoping to earn my commercial art endorsement in January. I also joined the Utah Art Education Association board this year and have kept busy in that organization. I always have future plans of changing curriculum and making my classroom even better. I will be presenting at a conference in February and hosting a Regional Board in July.

We can't be any more blessed than we are, we are thankful for a great year with healthy and happy family members. We pray for the same in the year 2012.

No comments: