Saturday, February 20, 2010

This and That

Busy, busy, busy! That is the best way to explain what the past few weeks have been like around the Clegg house. I have been running from one thing to the next. Besides teaching I have had a district meeting about ESL and a meeting with the Superintendent. I am trying to stay on top of two committees and an after school club. Wew! You has time to grade papers and clean the house.

I took Avery to her geneticist consultation, we are going to go ahead and look for a malformation in her Conexion 26 gene. It is possible that both Jimmy and I carry one normal and one malformed gene and Avery happened to get a malformed one from each of us. If that was the case, then we now more about what we are dealing with, if her condition will get worse or not, etc.

We also have set up Avery's transition meeting and her first IEP. Keep your fingers crossed that we get the transportation to the School of the Deaf and Blind worked out. The meeting is on Thursday morning.

Kinley is staying busy with dance and school. She still has to wear her eye patch four hours every day and she has to dilate her eye on Saturday and Sunday. The doctor thinks it is working, so we will keep on following Doctor's orders.

Jimmy has been staying busy at work, Jack had his knee operated on again and was out of commission for a few weeks. Now that he is back they are trying to keep young calves alive in the snow and mud.

No comments: