I've neglected the blog for the past week for two reasons: 1. I have been busy and 2. I do not know what to say. My last post stated that my grandmother had passed away. Since I intend on putting my blog posts in a book again this year I wanted to explain more about the events that led up to her death for my daughters.
My grandmother has been sick for most of her life. She was diagnosed with a disease and given a limited time to live when she was still very young. She has lived life despite that diagnosis. More recently she was battling congestive heart failure, aneurysms, and a number of side effects. The past few weeks the aneurysm in her stomach has been bothering her and they determined that it had grown (but was not at dangerous levels). One of the reasons why it wasn't dangerous was because it was seeping into her stomach. On Monday she had just visited one of her doctors and was headed to visit with the surgeon. After leaving the clinic and pulling out into the street she placed her hands on her stomach and said, "Oh it hurts. I think I am going to pass out." She died quickly and with little pain. Grandpa (who was driving) turned back into the doctor's office and went for help, between the nurses, the EMTs, and the ER doctors they tried to bring Grandma back for 45 minutes. She is no longer in any pain.
My parents, Kinley, Avery and I were in Salt Lake for the Annual Fry Family Dinner and were just to head up to the party when we got the first phone call that Grandma was being taken to the hospital in an ambulance. We quickly turned and headed to the hospital. Soon we had another call that they were going to take her in a helicopter and then another that they had told Grandpa to come say goodbye. It was very difficult being in the mist of all of the raw emotion and being strong for Kinley, she was very confused by it all.
We arrived at the hospital soon after. Kinley, Avery and I returned to my grandpa's on Tuesday and helped plan the funeral. Kinley and Avery stayed with Dar Thursday and Friday and I attended the viewing and funeral. (Jimmy was/is out of state).
Here is the link to her obituary: http://www.myers-mortuary.com/_mgxroot/page_10729.php
No comments:
Post a Comment